Due to the disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in 2011, the Japan Port Harbour Association requires that all vehicles for export be inspected for radiological contamination upon entry into the ports of Japan.
JEVIC are approved by the Japan Port Harbour Association, and are a skilled and experienced provider of Surface Radiation Contamination Inspections for cargo, containers, and vessels throughout Japan. This service extends to vehicles, heavy machinery, break bulk, containerised cargo and conveyance vessels.
JEVIC is accredited to ISO/IEC 17020 for radiation inspection conduct.
JEVIC Radiation Inspections include:
● The use of appropriate and properly calibrated equipment
● An original Radiation Inspection Certificate is provided to the Exporter upon completion of an inspection
● An inspection certificate copy may be provided by JEVIC for a fee should it be required
● “Radiation Free” labelling for cargo determined to be free of dangerous levels of radiation
● Standards that are based on the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code) and IAEA Safety Standards
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any help or additional information you may require.